Lainey Writes

An occasional diary of my attempts to finish my first novel and become a published and paid author.

Monday, February 20, 2006

How Do You Organize?

I am really debating the value of outlining for my novel. As an English teacher this is sacrilege, but I really like the idea of going with the writing flow. The only thing is, I'm afraid I'll write myself into a corner and won't know what to do next. I have done brief character outlines, and have a clear picture of the setting. I have even interviewed a P.O., so as to make my protagonist's work experiences based (somewhat) on reality. Tell me what you think: to outline or not?

Janet Evanovich has some interesting insights into this topic and more on her website. Under "Plum Fun" then "Q & A Forums" she answers a lot of questions about the basics of writing and publishing. Check it out in the links section.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home